Lately, I’ve noticed a themed pattern in particular movies. I think it is quite clever and actually very practical for use in the ‘real’ world. Zombieland and Amelie do have one thing in common, believe it or not.
Enjoy the little things.
As we go through life just waiting for the next Friday, sometimes we do miss a few of the little things that we should be appreciating. If Ferris Bueller was alive outside of his movie, he would appreciate this rule. Sure life can be stressful sometimes, but sometimes it is the little things that get us through. Whether it be the first smell of your morning coffee, or doing a cartwheel barefoot in the freshly cut grass, we should all stop at least once in the day to enjoy a tiny activity.
I’ve decided to make a list of all the little things that get me through the day, feel free to make your own and post it on here.
1. Looking at comical lists. (theoatmeal.com)
2. Taking that first whiff of my fresh cup of coffee.
3. Playing Super Mario Bros.
4. Eating a cheese stick.
5. Listening to a good hip hop song and freestyling.
6. Singing in the car and trying new harmonies.
7. Matching my music to my mood.
8. Cookies and Cream. Doesn’t matter if its the chocolate bar or ice cream.
9. Watching Shin Chan
10. Watching various .gifs of Arrested Development.
11. Playing with my boyfriend’s dog.
12. Just floating in the swimming pool.
13. The smell of chlorine, or bleach. (yes I’m sure that’s not healthy but neither are twinkies.)
14. Viewing any kind of list and seeing what is number one.
15. Indulging in my Lady Gaga obsession by watching one of her videos.
16. Laughing at the ridiculous Twilight Saga. (Its too corny not to watch).
17. Going on imdb.com and seeing what happened to some of my favorite child actors.
18. Going to Toys R Us with friends and riding the small tricycles.
19. Playing with a new gadget like a camera.
20. Discussing the logic of zombies in a serious conversation.
21. Watching or finding a song or TV show from the 90s.
At the moment I cannot think of anymore, but I am almost positive that there are activities that are missing from here. The list could really go on and on. Most of these don’t require any money, just some free time. I’ve decided to dedicate a whole day to completing the little things on this list. Of course I have no idea when I’ll do it, but then again that is the point. The point of this exercise is to relieve stress and ignore the rest.